Monday, July 11, 2016

Here I Go Again

Hi there.

Well, last year my meals could have been inspiring to anyone working 9 - 5 (and enduring massive commutes) in London. I did well with limited time to cook most things fresh and from scratch with a good variety and plenty of adventure - plus the odd meal out. I obviously should have done a dinner diary for 2015, which is precisely why I decided to keep one for 2016. But this year started off strangely, as I was splitting from a long-term partner, then living with my parents for a while, before moving back to France for the summer. That didn't last, as my lovely mummy died in early June, so I was back at my parents' again for a while. Being there means less meal control, more of my Dad's (very good) cooking, plus we were doing a lot of quick stuff as we didn't have the heart to make much effort. We did have some nice salads and meals though.

HOWEVER, I've just got back from a week in Tunisia, and the food was so inspiring and so damn tasty, that I feel the urge to record it ALL. I'm now back in France and have found that I want to keep a note of what I'm eating here as well, so it seems I might be getting back into my dinner diary habit...

This was written on the 20th July, but I've posted for the 11th, so that it's in sequence with the subsequent Tunisia posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment