Thursday, March 3, 2016

Megrim Sole, Mash & Samphire

There's a mobile fish stall every Thursday at the local award-winning farm shop, so I tried it out today. The stall owner advised against plaice (why was he selling it?) due to it being skinny this time of year, after spawning. He recommended the slightly more expensive megrim, which I hadn't tried before, so I took two. I Googled them, and they live in deep sea.

The fish man had good value samphire too some I took some of that, which I somehow overcooked but was still nice. I cooked the megrim perfectly! I floured them (well-seasoned), and fried them in loads of butter with lemon zest and a lots of lemon juice at the end to make a sauce. I served them off the bone with buttery mash, the samphire and some previously frozen petit pois. Megrim is really tasty and a very pleasant texture. I'd definitely buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment