Sunday, February 21, 2016

Burger Bar! Amsterdam

One of my brothers once mentioned having the best burger he'd ever tasted in Amsterdam. He was in the Peruvian mountains, but I managed to get hold of him to ask for the details. It was from a burger bar called Burger Bar. A few hours later (and after much iphone map faffing), and I had an Irish beef pattie (served pink) with their normal toppings plus Old Amsterdam cheese and jalapeƱos. Sooooo delicious, juicy, tastymerlasty. But my bun disintegrated. The rise of the decent burger in London and the passing of time (Bro went about 10 years ago. European burgers have grown up.) meant that it was not the best burger I've ever had. However, it might have been if the bun had been less crumbly - and if I hadn't had a MEATliquor burger a few days before (for lunch, with beer. Shit yeah!).

No comments:

Post a Comment